Thursday, October 31, 2013

Esme and Imogen 100wc y3 nz

One enigmatic night I was reading my most beloved book called the violent storm...! What was that?  Abruptly everything exploded out of the book,there were winds , tornados , lightning , thunder , tsunamis , rain storms , falling over trees , screaming  and crying it was terrible. As the drawings came out of the book they started getting bigger it was strange soon they were life size. I got sucked into the book I tried calling for my mum but there was no use she wasn’t there. Maybe I was sleeping I tried to wake few times it was just a dream after all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the thesaurus with this piece girls, enigmatic is an excellent word. Read through your final sentence again as I fear it may be missing some punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Esme and Imogen, this was a dramatic piece of writing. You really threw everything into storm idea!

    I like your phrase 'got sucked into the book' - it's a vivid image, and nicely coupled with the feelings of desperation calling out for you mum only to find she wasn't there.

    Just a couple of points - put capital letters for the title of a book: 'The Violent Storm'. Also, the comma is your reader's friend. It can be impossible to work out the meaning of certain phrases without it (think about the difference between "eats shoots and leaves" and "eats, shoots, and leaves").

    A nice imaginative effort. Well done.
    Sarah Team 100WC

    ReplyDelete